What can an ultrasound see?

I need to have a ultrasound today for a breast lump. What can it see? While I'm there can I ask this? I pushed my stalled Car. Back in October. I saw a DR. at a church deal where you could see a DR. He felt my area. And said I need Surgery. We're jobless. Have no insurance. Etc.. I have to drive 50 miles one way for this test. Since at the other clinic they wouldn't do a mammogram. Since they're looking. Can I ask to look at my stomach too? Could it tell anything? I'm sorry. I need some advice. Thank you for replying.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ohhhh mommy have you applied for health help, care and insurance through your county and your state? I've had breast biopsies and ultrasounds, mammo. The ultrasound will move through an internal breast lump if its a cyst (that's usually benign) and the ultrasound will stop at a solid lump (could be benign could be cancer).

Breast Calcifications are spots of calcium that show up on mammagrams and are rarely lumps felt physically in either patterns of calcifications in shapes and / or show up as a few here a few there. Sometimes a specific pattern of calcifications means a cancer might be present there. It is possible to have a pattern of calcifications in the breast with no cancer there.

Do you live in Maryland or NJ? One hospital in one state I know sees women from out of state, other state in a specific county has great care in two different counties even w/o insur.

Call your county, your state! p m me if u want.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Sorry but a doctor can't feel your breast and say you need surgery. Sounds like a quack getting his jollies for free. An ultrasound is typically a black and white image, it'll see any darkened abnormal area in the area it looks in (that will appear white, but then all flesh and such is white on an ultrasound). If it's a clinic that is giving free mammograms they wouldn't just start looking at other areas....why would you want your stomach looked at? Many clinics and doctor offices do free mammograms, but it's typicaly only given to those 40 or older who don't have insurance.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• oh about your stomach, I'm sorry too if you've troubles there.

I've had abdominal ultraounds for uterine and ovarian problems. Specifically for stomach I don't know if it works.

Can you ask a church or temple, if you attend for help for support in making calls for insurance.

The world needs you. Don't give up, call your state, your county, local hospital for help. I don't know if this law/regulation is still in effect but there was a law called close to the worlds of Hil...Burton... that helped get care for uninsured and underinsured. Call your local hospital for their social services department. They could possible guide you.

Hurry momma make those calls. pm me your state and town, I'll call for you w/o knowing your name questions can be asked of possible help available.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• The hospital should help you apply for medicaid if you are eligible. I know someone who is a Patient Advocate and she told me that there are funds put aside for helping people with no insurance. Just ask for the Patient Advocate at the hospital and ask to apply for Medicaid or financial aid. Good luck to you!
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 10:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• By the way, I was told that an ultrasound is better at finding problems than the usual mammogram.
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 10:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2010