Does anyone argue with your husbands about who does what around the house and with the kids?

hav4munchkinz

Asked by hav4munchkinz at 9:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• sometimes...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• all the time and i am about to leave his ass
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• yeah. If it's been going on for two years or longer get counseling. Back off on intimacy saying you're too tired cause you're doing all the chores. Back off on chores saying you're not feeling well cause you're on twentyfour hour childcare even if your job is also outside your home too. Include counselling for him to understand the impact his lack of love has on you physically and emotionally.

If at least two years of asking, demanding, implying his help is needed w/o getting it, step up and care for yourself by having him hear your concerns in counselling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• No not really. I don't work so pretty much everything is left up to me. He works 12 hours a day so by the time he's done, he is exhausted...as am I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Well if you are a SAHM you shouldn't be complaining you are home all day so that is your whole day of a job and hubby brings home the bacon and deals with everyday shit. Do you know how many woman out there would love to be SAHM's (well some)
    So instead of complaining accept it or go find a job then you'll really be complaining. If you already have a job just do what YOU can around the house you can never getting to look so perfect don't overwhelm yourself. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• There's really no argument. I'm a SAHM and I do everything for the kids and the house. All he has to do is work and get catered to.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• You bet!! After 9 years of marriage, he is just now understanding what I really DO contribute and how his past behavior has put us in a not so good place, but we are working on it.
    Its not about the chores. Its about helping one another and about being on the same team and/or no one wants to be taken advantage of. You should absolutely communicate (complain?? lol) express what it is you need and want, same for him.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I'm not complaining, just looking for advice. I work my butt of being a stay at home mom, cook, laundry-mat, banker, personal shopper, doctor, etc...as do all stay at home moms. My husband works very hard at his job too. I just feel like he can clock out from his job and come home to relax...I don't get that. Moms are always on the clock and need rest too. Is it inappropriate to ask my husband for help and not get a big sigh, like, "Do I have to?"
    hav4munchkinz

Answer by hav4munchkinz at 10:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• This should have been discussed before marriage and kids so there wouldn't be fights.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Thank you 3gigglemonsters!!! You hit the nail on the head...I don't want to be taken advantage of, and that's what I've been feeling like lately. I just want him to help out when he see's that there's something that needs to be done...WITHOUT me asking.
    hav4munchkinz

Answer by hav4munchkinz at 10:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2010