When cooking with your cookware do you perfer non-stick or stainless steel?

We just purchased a fridge, stove and dishwasher and they are all Stainless Steel but my old cookware are all mismatched I thought SS would give it a nice look as well to go with the appliances oh and on my counter ss too with alittle black.

Does the SS cookware stick while cooking? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have SS and it just depends on what your cooking. SS gets very hot and stays hot. I rather use non-stick pans personally.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• yeah if it doesnt have a nonstick coating, theres a good chance that alot of your meals are going to stick. i guess it would be ok if you used a ton of pam/oil but i wouldnt chance it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I prefer stainless steel. I've had nonstick and eventually the nonstick coating wears off....where does that Teflon end up? Usually in the food. Not to mention you have to replace the cookware. My mom still has the stainless cookware she got as a wedding present 46 years ago and it looks great.

Sure, if you don't spray the pan with cooking oil things may stick. Put the pan to soaking immediately after use, or else use a little elbow grease and nylon scrubbies and it'll come off. For the worst burned on food, an SOS pad works wonders.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I actually prefer cast iron, but I would take satainless over non stick if I was given the choice. We have non stick now, and it is beginning to wear off- ick.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I have AllClad for most of my cooking. traditional stainless with magnetic properties to be used on my induction cooktop. I have 2 nonstick skillets to use when cooking eggs, pancakes, and french toast.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Cast iron, the original non-stick

Answer by rkoloms at 4:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2010