do you leave right when the babysitter gets there? or do you kinda linger a little???

if you do linger - how long? lol. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I linger a little....just maybe 10 mins. See how the kids do, etc
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 10:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Linger definitely and my MIL is the only one who ever watches my son. I always stay about 30 mins-1 hour most of the time. I just hate leaving him but she always begs. I try to see if DS is going to cry or anything so I don't have to leave him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• As the babysitter. I've noticed that mostly all the parents linger :P

Usually to finish getting ready and so on.
    Anonymous

• It depends. If it is a new babysitter I will linger and make sure I have shown her everything and told her everything, but if it's an established babysitter I usually only linger if we have something to chat about. Also, as the kids get older i am less likely to linger (If I have a babysitter it means i have somewhere else I need to be).
    Anonymous

• I wish they would just drop off their kid and go (a hug and kiss and I'll you later) no matter if they cry or is too clingy I hate that sometimes it is easy and sometimes omg the drama and by the parents just standing there pisses me off I am like UH ok go now leave I got it...THIS A VERY GOOD QUESTION THANKS FOR ASKING...GL Oh I forgot to mention I do the babysitting they bring their kids to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Babysitter?? HA HA HA H AH AHA HA HA If I had one, I'd stick around long enough to give instructions, then I'd be out of there!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I stay untill i see that he is fine around her .. if the sitter is at my house, ill set them up with crayons and paper and once there occupied i leave ... i tell my son as soon as the sitter gets to my house ill be leaving soon or before she gets here so he doesn't have a melt down when i do leave ... i kiss him and tell him ill be back in a little while, then i set them up with an activity and once his mind (and eyes) are into the activity, i leave... this always works for us!!!.. when i get back the sitter always says he didnt even know that i was gone!.. the sitter also stays a little while at my house when i get back and we talk about what they did, this also shows my son that she is not just a sitter but she is too a part of our family!!

Anonymous