Kinda freaked out....

I havent had a period in exactly two years (between being pregnant, breastfeeding and having mirena)...but I woke up this morning and I had brown discharge...totally weird!! I also havent had sex in months..why would I have brown discharge? I cant see what would cause it...I had a vaginal exam about 2 weeks ago because I had bacterial vaginosis..so could it of been the exam? she only did a swap, pretty sure it didnt cause any bleeding

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes even just doing a swap can irritate the vaginal walls and cervix. This can casuse a small amount of bleeding that may take some time to come out. If it continues I would call the dr. I have a mirena and I occasionly have a pinkis or dark brown tint on the tp when i go tot he bathroom around the time I was supposed to have a period.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• its old blood --- sometimes i go months without my period and when I finally do, the first couple of days is brown blood...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• yeah it's old blood. I had that happen. I went ten years without a period. I flew to Scotland and ended up having some brown discharge. I was scared but it turned out to be old blood. I guess the high altitude flight did something bc I started having periods again after that!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Old blood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2010