people on medical card (medicaid) i have a question

I am pregnant with baby number 2 i am on medical card and need to go to a dentist. i heard something but dont know if its true or not. i heard that once you are over 21 and you are on medicaid and go to the dentist that it wont cover everything because you are over 21. Has anyone else heard this or know anything about it?
I know that once over 21 it wont cover glasses only the exam. i am just looking to find out without making a bunch of phone calls and stuff.i am 5 months a long so i know i can be seen i just have to find a dentist and start going.

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Health

• You're going to have to call your caseworker and find out your actual benefits. It varies from state to state. Where I live, dental is not covered for adults, but not every state and every plan is the same.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i think its by state, here in nc we can get dental and eye exams once a year
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Call and ask, but yes in my state once you're over 21 they don't provide full coverage dental anymore.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It varies by state. For instance, in MO, if you are pregnant and need dental or vision work it is done at a reduced cost. If you are not pregnant but it is within two months of you giving birth, the same rule applies. After that, it is not covered at all.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Mine covered my glasses we had to get me one because our insurance rates went through the roof and they didn't tell us and the wouldn't cover my pregnancy saying she was a preexisting condition since our renewal was up lol this is the second kid that's a preexisting condition my oldest was considered that too so I got the medical card it may also depend on the card my dd and myself have caresource, I haven't asked about dental care but need to you can always call the 800 # on your card and ask them.

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2010