Easiest way?

Hey ladies, I have my mind set to quit smoking. I was wondering what the easiest (no meds or patches or gum) way to quit is? I smoke about 12 cigs a day now, today Im going to try to cut that down to 5. Then wednesday go down to 4. Then friday down to 3. And so on. Could that work? What can I do to fight off the cravings?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• when I was smoking I slowly cut out a couple each week. When I felt the need. I would have chew on a straw or have a sucker It gave my hands something to do too. Good luck. I also new I wanted to do this before I got pregnant so that may have helped me out more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I cut myself down gradually until I was only smoking 6 a day (I was a pack a day smoker). Then I just decided one day that I was going to quit. I smoked a cigarette and that was my last. The first two weeks were rough, I got really bad headaches and couldn't sleep, but everyday it got a little easier. Good luck!

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I smoked my last cig on Jan 13th 2007 and have never had another one. I told myslef no more and just didnt buy anymore. If I didnt have them I wouldnt smole. I did not smoke in the house or in the car anymore. Setting rules for myself like that really helped. Then I found somthing for my hands to do when I got the urge to lite up. I crochetted allot and played hand held yatzee or solitair. Anything to take my mind off the urge to smoke and eventually it went away. If you can make it past the first 21 days you can start breaking the habit. The first month is the hardest then it gets better each day. Also try to chew Extra sugar free gum becuse you may want to replace food with smoking and chewing on gum or a straw like the previous poster said will keep you from replacing the urge to smoke with eating.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• My DH has tried to quit a couple of times, unsuccessfully. He was successful in cutting way back, though. He did it by weaning himself, like you are. He went from a pack a day to limiting himself to 5/day for a few days, then 4/day for a few days, and so on.
    Next, he is going to try those electronic cigs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I smoked Newport 100's for 22 years and I quit cold turkey. For me there was no cutting back. If I had cigarettes in the house, I would find 20 excuses a day to smoke 20 of them! I chewed a lot of gum and ate a lot of carrot sticks and popcorn. Now, I can not stand to walk past someone who's smoking. My first smoke free year will be on April 12, 2010.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2010