What is your definition of true love? Has your view changed over the years (say from teenager to now)?

lara33

Asked by lara33 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I'll answer first since I asked. It's complex. My definition of true love is never letting that love waver. No matter what you stand by that person with no strings attached. I believe this kind of love can be between your SO, a friend or family member. So I guess I'm not just asking about "true love" between lovers.
    lara33

Answer by lara33 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• True Love is all a bunch of Ca-ca. Only Swans mate for life. Just call me angry with a side of bitter.....
    I guess it works for some people.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is not jealous. Love does not brag and is not arrogant. Love does not act unbecomingly. Love does not seek to have its own way. Love is not provoked. Love does not keep an account of wrongs suffered. Love does not rejoice in wrong but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Damn I would hope my views have changed since I was a teen. I would hate to think how horrible my 18 year marriage would be if I still viewed the world and love that I did when I was a teenager lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• True love to me is one that loves even the things that annoy us at times, one that stands the test of time, and grows deeper with time. Yes, my views have changed since my youth, back them I was searching for Mr, Perfect now I know better because I realize there is no such Mr.!

Answer by older at 11:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Sticking by that person no matter what.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• When I was younger I thought love was finding someone who fulfilled me, now I know that true love is fulfilling someone else. Giving them your all and loving them for who they are. Luckily I am with someone who has the same view and has all along.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Love fades, accept it or not. You can choose not to let go, but that's not the same thing as "true love."
    I don't believe "true love," as most people think of it, exists, except when it comes to your children.

Yes, my views have drastically changed since high school, haha.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• bjane01- love that answer! That's beautiful.
    lara33

Answer by lara33 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• As a teen I guess I dreamed big. Now 3 kids later, love definitely has a different meaning. I know unconditional love.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010