Racist Towards Puerto Ricans and White Men

Well I am black. Not light-skinned/Really dark or anything, just dark brown. Point is, I do NOT date black men whatsoever. I had 1 black boyfriend in 4th grade. First and last. They never did anything wrong to me, I'm just not attracted to them on that level. Black men are just not appealing to me. I LOVE puerto ricans and I like white men. I hang out w/nothing but puerto ricans and I have puerto rican boyfriends and whenever I tell black guys this, they get mad/upset and then start talking about how puerto rican men have tiny you-know-whats---which is untrue/irrelevant. Then they say they stink and r dirty. This makes me really upset. And besides that, puerto ricans have black in them. But I want to be able to like who I want to w/out ppl making me feel bad. To each his own. Love if you want to. What would u do/say? (Sorry for any typos)

ofcourseithurts

Asked by ofcourseithurts at 11:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Everyone has their own taste in other people I don't think it makes you racist. You're just very particular about who you're attracted to. It's all good! I don't like men with blonde hair.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• That's not racisim at all. Just because you aren't attracted to a skin color doesn't make you a racist. So like and date who you want. Those that would try to make you feel bad are pushing their issues off on you and it's really not your problem
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• everyone has the right to choose who they want to date. Is it just that you don't like AA men? what about light skin AA men? B/c ya know most puerto ricans are just African/white/indi. mixed. Just like AAs. lol is is a cultural thing?

Just tell them you have a preference and no need to say anything else. You are free to date anyone you choose. It's not like you hate AAs you just have another attraction.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 11:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Well your friends are biggots but so are you . I dont mean to bash, but relationships are much more than being attracted to someones phisical features. I have been attracted to some real assholes, kwim
    I think you should look at the whole package A person with a mind and personalitly that fits yours.
    I do understand being atracted to a certain race , I am not bashing , I am just saying there is more to it ,
    KWIM
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I am married to a man that I NEVER would have thought was my "type" I think by saying you won't date an entire race, you are possibly closing off a bunch of potentially really nice guys! I just don't know why anyone would do that. Compatibility is about more than someone's looks.

Answer by missanc at 12:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Don't worry about it.Who says you have to date/marry your own race? We all have our ideal man,and if yours isn't black,who cares?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2010