Do you know any trophy wives? Are YOU a trophy wife?

Do you think one should be proud of such a title or is it degrading to women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL my husband calls me his trophy wife but only because I'm aging well.  I don't think I would call it degrading in it's true sense (shallow maybe) but the woman is usually using the man for financial stability.  So it could be called a symbiotic relationship of sorts.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I don't know exactly what a "trophy wife" is? could you help me out here..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I don't think a trophy wife is using her man for finacial stability. I think a trophy wife is there to make her spouse look good by always looking good, taking care of him and basically being his arm candy.
    Anonymous

• A woman I met at a wedding called herself 'social garnish.'

Being a trophy wife is a negotiated deal: she gets pampered and beautified and doesn't have to do anything except stand around smiling and looking pretty (and arranging the catering), and he pays for it (often without bothering with the fidelity thing). As a traditional marriage goes, it's a classic. It's 100% of why women have traditionally wanted 'a good catch' and been schooled in being supportive and perky... Have you seen that horrible book 'The Rules'?

There is nothing wrong with being supportive and perky. But being supportive and perky when you're not is problematic. It builds the marriage on an agreed-upon lie: you pretend to be what you're expected to be and I'll pretend I'm what I'm expected to be, and we can suffer equally, while we're both sneaking around to 'be myself' in private.

Hey... anyone seen Tiger Woods around lately?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• HA! I wish. I was married to a Scotsman for 15 years. If we would have had sheep he would have treated them better!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I'm a trophy wife in my own mind.. LOL I think my mid 40's ass looks damn good hanging on my husband's arm. :-)

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2010