Molesters/rapists

Do you think that a man convicted of rape and/or child molestation(the ones who hurt kids,not the teenagers with just under age girlfriend scenarios) should be banned from marrying a woman with kids? I figure,why add more victims to their list?

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• According to the Child Molestation Research and Prevention Institute, two out of ten girls and one out of ten boys are molested before they hit the age of 13. Devastatingly enough, those numbers are only from the cases that are actually reported. For every one case of child molestation that is reported there are at least two to three cases that go unreported. What can we as parents and citizens do to prevent such a disturbing occurrence?

You want to talk about the civil rights of the offenders but what about the rights of the innocent victims whose lives are forever changed? I think that chemical castration would be a very helpful tool in preventing sex offenders from re-offending. I'm all for it!!! Our children out said to be our future so lets do something to protect them!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• No, but I do think they should be castrated, and they should get thier hands chopped off too. I'm not talking amputated either. I mean you give Mommy a big ass ax and let her do as she pleases.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• well my husband was falsely accused and has a csc on his record...im married to him and have a kid with him. but for ones who really hurt kids and i know they are out there, my mom was raped and molested as a child..yeah they probably should but i guess if the woman is stupid enough to marry him she shouldn't be surprised if something happened to her kids....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Since that would infringe upon the civil rights of the woman choosing to marry the man, that would never happen. Being a convicted criminal does not take away civil rights after time served: right to marry, right to have children, etc. Plus, they can have their own children and molest them. It's a ridiculous and unenforceable policy.

The bigger question is why in the hell would a woman become involved with someone who is a sex offender? They have to register and you can easily search the sex offender database.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• How the heck would you ban them from marriage and enforce it? They can't even be tracked by police on probation and afterwrads????????
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Yeah I'm with Christina2135 lol. My father did some inappropriate things to me from the age of 15 on. He's not a good man and I was not the only underage girl he victimized. The only reason I think my mother didn't kill him was because I needed her and she wouldn't have been much help in prison....
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i think that the parents of the little kid that man or women hurt, should be able to do whatever they want to that person. i know if someone ever hurt my little girl they better hope the law gets to them before i do. and if someone marrys one of these people, then its on her. and she should be pu in jail for putting her child in that position.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Anonymous 9:49am.... How'd you know he was falsely accused? Just curious.

I personally think: No don't band them, what's up with moms not looking into the backrounds of caring about the backrounds of men they bring home to their children? Single moms, you're #1 defense for your children... step up and be that. Don't get selfish for a man.

I also think if they are proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt DNA and such... That they raped anyone, especially children.... they should be locked away for good. People who get caught with weed get harsher sentences than the man who raped the 5 year old. Something is wrong with that.

They shouldn't even be free to have the opportunity to find a single mother with kids to marry. If there were moms out there willing to marry someone who was once convicted of such a crime.... they should rot in a cell too.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Hey anon...how do you know your husband was falsely accused. How do you know he doesn't just SAY he is falsely accused?
    Anonymous

• no, it's up to the woman to make that decision. i think they are obligated to tell when u go for the marriage liscence anyways.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010