how often do u pump?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I first went back to work, I would pump a couple times a day. I would get about 6 or 7 6oz bottles in the beginning. My milk started slowing down so I didn't pump as much because I wanted to save the milk that I did have for breastfeeding. I ended up having to start him on formula because I couldn't pump as much. Now I don't pump anymore but I still breastfeed.
    Hunter817

Answer by Hunter817 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• every feeding like normal, for longer than a feeding would take. it's hard work and it takes time, but it's worth it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2010

• whenever (or at least as often as) the baby eats, that way you keep up with their demand.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It depends on why you are pumping. If you are exclusively breastfeeding and not away form your baby, then never. If you are exclusively pumping and bottle feeding then about 8 times in 24 hours, or as many times as you need to to get out enough milk for the baby each day. If you are working, then you pump approximately for each missed feeding. Pump enough to supply them with milk for the time you are apart.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Since I didn't go back to work after I had my first baby, I didn't need a regular supply of stored milk - - I pumped once a day, first think in the morning, on the opposite side that baby was nursing on. I did that for about 6 months, along with pumping any time I missed a feeding. Now my son is 14 months old, and I only pump if I miss a feeding - however I pump several times in the course of a couple of days for each missed feeding to replace the one bag of milk that was used LOL.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• anon is such a loser her kids are going to turn out to be stupid like her. ugh and poor people get fomula at wic. i sure as hell did. anyways, i exclusevely pump for ds for 10 mts at first it was every 2-3 hrs then later on it was every 4. for about 10 minutes
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2010