Do you know someone like this?

who think they are perfect but you see so many flaws. My husbands ex tries to act like she is the most perfect person and I cant gather why or who told her that she was. I mean she tries to be the perfect mother and I would say that she does a very good job, definately has more patience then I do but.......... Last year she put their son into a car with her fiance who was going out to deliver drugs, he ended up in a police chase, ran 7 stop signs, 3 red lights, had over half a pound of weed on him ad somehow they worked around it so she didnt get in trouble ( she was also in the car and knew what he was doing). She lies about numerous things to make herself look better and most people know shes lying or eventually find out that she is. She is one of those people with alterior motives and she just gets under my skin. Her patience doesnt excuse her putting her child in danger

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• All the hyper-critical people who appear to be Perfect (or determined to be Perfect) are actually deeply insecure folks, driven by the desire to avoid criticism from any direction. As your own experience demonstrates, this is rarely effective.

Compassion and boundaries. That's what you need to deal with maniacs like this in your life. You need to always keep in the forefront of your mind that it is fear and insecurity that drives her critical nature --not confidence and inner peace. Knowing that can make her seem quite a pathetic creature... because she is.

Which is where the boundaries come in: it's not your job to fix her, change her, control her or really even influence her. See her as a whole, struggling individual human who is in considerable pain but who you don't have to 'let in' to any aspect of your life if you don't want to. Knowing where you end and she begins will give you distance to stay sane and safe.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• She sounds like a crappy mother to me..no child should ever be put in a situation like that.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 12:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• mother of the year award goes to her..u have nothing to worry about. just dont let her get to u.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• You sound jealous. You shouldn't have to put other people down to feel better about yourself. Even if she is a shitty mother what concern of it is yours? Let her think she is perfect, that is her problem. Sounds like you need a hobby or soemthing.
    Anonymous