Has your sex drive decreased?

My husband and I have always had a great sex life, but, lately I just don't desire it at all. I had a baby 1 year ago, I'm finally weaning her off breastfeeding and getting a little better sleep so things should be improving in the sex dept. instead they are worsening. I mean I could go 2-3 weeks easy with no desire at all. Is this normal? I know everyone is different but sometimes some of us could relate to one another. It seems the go-go life of today, working, dealing with the kids all day, cleaning, etc., etc. just gets the best of me and by evening I'm exhausted. I'm really upset about my dramatic decrease in my libido.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm the same way, but my sex drive decreases when i'm pregnant, then it still is down when i'm recovering after the baby and its still down trying to adjust to baby and even as long as you said. It's hard. But make the effort, because 9/10 times you'll enjoy it once you guys get going! I know there are a lot of stressors and your exauhsted by the end of the day, but the relationship with your husband should be worth that time an effort, even when you don't feel like it.
    Anonymous

• Don't force it. I hate the wives that think that you owe it to him because you're married to have sex whenever he wants. It's your body! If you don't want to.. don't!
    But aside from that, try toys, watching porn, or lingerie? Are you possibly depressed??
    My sex drive has decreased too over the years. Not 'cause of the kids, they have nothing to do with it. Just 'cause I'm usually tired, stressed or don't wanna be touched! We have sex like once every 10 to 14 days. He of course would want it every night, but he respects me and when we do do it... it's exceptional because we waited. =) Quality over quantity!! =)
    Anonymous

• No. I'm not depressed, I'm actually quite happy which is why I don't understand where this lack of libido is coming from, it's just almost gone! We try to be intimate once/twice a week and it's been a bit over 2 weeks since we've been together which worries me. If anyone knows of any natural supplements to take that have worked and are safe, please do share.
    Anonymous

• You might just need to start scheduling sex. I know it doesn't sound romantic or anything, but maybe once you start having sex more often you'll start wanting it again. Right now I'm breastfeeding and when it comes to sex I could take it or leave it, so I know how you feel.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• you dont owe it to him because your married to him you owe it to each other to make life a little easier take the time do it have fun! then go to sleep haha and when you wake in the morning you will feel refreshed, just try it out once a week or two i go 2-3 wks my self at times but thats alot because hubby is too exhausted too so neither one really make the move lol it happens try talking to your doctor also and see what they say you could just have a vitamin problem
    Anonymous

• I never want to have sex either. My son is only 6 1/2 month old though so I imagine it still has a lot to do with my hormones. I am a SAHM so after a day's worth of laundry, cleaning, taking care of my son, picking up after my slob of a fiance, when he gets home from work and sits his ass on the couch, after throwing his clothes on the floor, and plays his video games, the LAST thing I want to do is have sex.
    Anonymous