Agressive behavior....

My son turned 2 in Nov and he's been less than easy and he is a very active strong willed child.. we LOVE him and love this about him, but lately I have noticed he's clenching his teeth and screaming more and when he grabs he squeezes with all his might and does this grrrr... sound.. is this just part of him being a boy? he's not being mean aggressive, just aggressive if that makes sense.. we are just used to him being whiney and clingy from food allergies/tummy issues constipation so we are actually finally getting that under control so this isn't bad to us, i am just curious where we are on the "typical" boy/girl/2 year old behavior. lol!~

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's possible to have a negative test for gluten and still be intolerant. As far as cooking with milk, I use rice milk in everything. With my son, we'd have a really good day so I would reward with a scoop of ice cream. Within 20 minutes he'd be flipping out upset over everything. He'd get so mad that a vein would pop out on his neck. We thought it was because of the sugar in it. We had no clue that it could be the milk. We found that he is intolerant to wheat, soy, eggs, & milk. The allergist ordered a food panel Rast test for IgG.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• my 2 1/2 yr old daughter does it too. :(
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 20 months and she has always been a demanding strongwilled little human being.... shes the go go go type and I hope one day she slows down
    Anonymous

• Does he go to daycare or mother's day out? This behavior could be something he picked up from another child. Otherwise, he might just have some difficulty expressing himself.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Is he more aggressive after eating certain foods? Milk & gluten are too very common culprits for food sensitivities. These can cause behavioral problems. Over time it builds up in the body, behavior becomes worse and mood swings more common.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Well, he is in part time daycare at a Center. 18 hours a week, then with grandma and dad. but we started noticing it this weekend mostly. As far as the food goes, he was tested earlier for Celiac's just because of a chronic constipation and it came back negative but I dont' know if that means that he couldn't be intolerant though? as for milk he only has soy due to allergy to cows and he really only has it if we made scrambled eggs or things that call for milk. He does not get tons of sweets or chips. In fact, so far only at birthdays. I can do better at making a dialy chart of reactions though
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2010