Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

My 2 yr old daughter is allergic to wheat, eggs, milk, soy, peanuts and a lot of other foods. She is currently eating rice, corn, and oatmeal. She drinks rice milk. She has reached a point of not wanting to eat anything. She used to eat jelly sandwiches until she was tested to be allergic to wheat. Do you have any suggestions, ideas, recipes for bread not using wheat flour or eggs? Any other suggestions of things she may eat? It just seems she developes an allergy to everything she eats. I really need some ideas. P l eeee a s e. Thank you.

PapooseMom

Asked by PapooseMom at 12:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Vegetable dishes, lentils,beans...God this is hard...Have you ever heard of a store called Trader Joes? They have specific sections for wheat allergies. Also there is a chick on here called rkholms, I think she's in the top answers, she really good at questions like this. Can't hurt to send her a PM.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I would definitely introduce beans and lentils; corn tortillas. If you have not done so, ask your doctor for a referral to a nutritionist to help you build healthy menus.
    You can learn to bake with rice flour, chickpea flour, etc.
    Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2010