How fast can you get pregnant after a miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage on Jan 30th, this year. After I stopped bleeding, about a week later, my husband and I resumed having sex. We used condoms, but one of the condoms broke. I heard that you are really fertile after a miscarriage, I also want to try again for another baby. How fast can that happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Post-pregnancy hormones are chaotic. That the pregnancy ended early and suddenly doesn't change that fact.

So, yes. You may ovulate four or five times in the next month, or not at all for 4 months... depends a lot of a lot of unmeasurable factors, including your body's sensitivity to hormones, general health, muscle-to-fat ratio, sleep status, etc.

Take care of yourself, your body's been through a lot.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• No one can tell you. Everyone's body is different. Good luck
    Anonymous

• The nurse I spoke with about said because I already had a child and this was my first m/c that I was liable to be very fertile which is why my doctor suggested waiting a month after the m/c to have sex.
    Lovebugbaby

Answer by Lovebugbaby at 1:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Thank you all so much!
    Anonymous