Have you ever forgot that you've eaten and done it again?

I just made a ham and cheese croissant for lunch and grabbed a Pepsi and sat down to eat. My S/O walked by and said "I just saw you eat that an hour ago, now you have it again?" Then I remembered that I DID have exactly the same thing, but I completely forgot. I wasn't even hungry the second time, just eating from habit. Now I feel weird and slightly crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YES!! i have and sadly it shows..
    Anonymous

• HAHAHAHAHA!! Yeah a couple times. Don't feel bad. LOL!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 12:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Normally i just forget to eat altogether lol, I have never repeated a meal, but that does sound nummy love croissant sandwhiches :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Oh, what a hoot!

Brian Wasink, famed for all kinds of hilarious food studies, did one with amnesiacs (those people who you can tell the same joke to over and over and they always laugh): when there are no clocks around, people take cues from wherever they can find one. So, in hospitals, having an orderly walking around with a food cart means that they can expect a meal... When asked, before their plate was delivered, if they were hungry all of them reported that they were and it must have been a long time since the last meal (although no one had said anything about feeling hungry before seeing the cues). They all very happily ate another lunch, less than an hour after the last one. No one reported feeling uncomfortably full, and all of them ate dinner at the normal time without any sense that they didn't need much food.

Mean. but funny.

There's lots more in his book 'Mindless Eating.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2010