Toddler trouble with diapers.

Ok, i have a 20 month old child who uses the potty at night, but refuses to use it during the day. She will throw temper tantrums if i put her on the potty during the day. So here is my ordeal. She likes to take her diaper off and poop in her room all over the floor. So how do i handle this and break her of that bad habbit of thinking its funny to poop on the floor?

babyslove23

Asked by babyslove23 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh yuck! I've never done it but I've heard of people putting duct tape on the diaper so their baby couldn't get it off. I haven't done it because my little guy wants nothing to do with the potty! Good luck!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I tried the duct tape, dont work. She will throw a fit until its taken off. I have also tried putting the diaper on backwards. And she out smarted that one too. Im hoping someone will have a good answer i can try. Thankyou all.
    babyslove23

Answer by babyslove23 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• put a cloth diaper on her with the saftey pins.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• when she does it in her room,clean it up and lock her room for a few hours or the day, tell her nope if she does that she cant play in there with her toys. also try using the kid toiliet seat that goes over the regular toiliet seat.worked better for us.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Have her help clean it! And express how yucky it is. Time out? Spanking?
    Anonymous