For people who think people are born gay..

I truly believe people are born gay. But I have a kind of odd question that I've never seen anyone ask.. Has there been a study done on different gay genes? Like.. is there a specific gene that makes certain gay men feminine? Or a gene that makes certain gay woman "butch"? I wonder this because I know a lot of gay people, some don't talk or move any different than anyone else, and some talk high pitched and move differently.

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, I think that would be the extra amount of testosterone or estrogen in a person. I don't know any links, but there was a mom on here the other day with links....maybe legalmommy. Hopefully, she responds to this question.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I heard something a while ago that if a mother has for instance 3 sons...the 3rd has a higher chance of being gay because of left over testosterone hormones in her uterus. I can't remember exactly what the study said, but my aunt had 3 sons and the last one is gay.
    Anonymous

• Yes and no... There have been genetic studies that prove sexuality has nothing to do with genes. But there have also been studies that prove that the brain of a gay man works almost identically to that of a straight woman... It produces similar hormone levels and reacts the same to stimuli...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I wonder if there is a certain straight person gene thats makes women not enjoy being all girly and not enjoy sports either.
    julie1835

Answer by julie1835 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Most of the studies I've heard on this, had more to do with the fetus absorption of testosterone at critical times of brain development making a baby male but still has the default female brain( all fetus start off female). This of course does not apply to lesbians.

Anonymous

• http://www.bio.davidson.edu/Courses/genomics/2002/Pierce/gaygene.htm

Answer by older at 1:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2010