Anyone have any creative (inexpensive) bedroom decor ideas for a Star Wars theme?

My son is 8 and moving into his sister's old room. He would like a Star Wars theme, but I don't want it to look over the top childish, that way he can change it up in a few years if he wants to. Any inexpensive ideas?

table4six

Asked by table4six at 1:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Paint is always a quick & inexpensive way to dress up a room. You could get a favorite character or ship from the movie and have it blown up, then trace it onto a wall and paint it, or just do plain neutral paint (like maybe gray) and use star wars toys & bedding to bring the theme into the room. You could get posters to decorate the walls with or giant cardboard cut-out of his favorite characters to stand in a corner.

When I did my son's room, the theme was his favorite NFL team, so I got him a bedding set, curtains, a pop-up hamper and a throw rug with the team's logo on them, but the walls I left neutral. He has a couple of team posters and a shelf with team memorabilia that he has collected. Voila', a themed room that can be easily changed out for something else.
    Anonymous

• Pottery Barn has Star Wars themed kids bedding and decor. Although it is somewhat pricey. Not outrageously so, but it isn't cheap, either.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2010