Ever have one of those bad mommy days?

I try to be everything for everyone. I LOVE being a sahm and all that it entails... but somedays, like today, I feel Im just not living up to my job. I feel like I have let my high schooler down... she is almost up and out and I didnt do half the things I wanted to do with/for her. My middle schooler I feel like he sometimes gets left out. Middle child, only boy, etc. My baby is doing horrible in school. The house is a mess, my in laws are coming I have no menu set. I have dropped the ball on the volunteer job Im doing at school. I just feel like im treading water and Im going under. I so want to do it all and do it GREAT and somedays I simply look around and dont feel I have done anything well. Awe heck... I dont even have a period to blame this on... at least if I was pmsing I could have an out. I just feel like one big giant failure today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have those days a lot. I hate them.
    Anonymous

• You're spreading yourself too thin dear. Take on what's important, what really makes a difference, and focus on those things. More importantly, focus on what YOU need. What do you need to do to get your mind right again? You can't take care of your family if you don't take care of yourself first. Just remind yourself that you are just one human being, and go from there. Good luck.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Time to step back and prioritize things... Do only what you can, make lists and chore charts for what needs to be done and concentrate on getting them done. I'm a FTWM of 2 - A teen & a toddler, plus we are very active in DD's softball as well as other things. You just have to write it all down and schedule to get things done plus the family needs to work together.

Anonymous

• Um, yeah all the time. I work full-time, come home, try to do everything with a 1 year old. I've realized that sometimes i have to let things go. If the floors are sticky or we eat frozen pizza 3 nights a week so what. We survived!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2010