milk donor?

any of you moms milk donors? what is it like? i'm considering it since i have a big supply right now and have had it since my 16w ds was born

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go to breastfeeding mom's group they will have information that is helpful to you.. and people who were milk donors..

I think there is actually a group on cafemom about being a milk donor / needing a milk donor ..

I imagine it is a very satisfying experience.
    Anonymous

• While I understand wanting to, why not freeze your milk for your son to drink when he's older - whether out of a bottle at daycare or grandma's or while you go away, or for after weaning out of a sippy cup? I personally would rather keep it for my baby so they got the benefits for longer. But kudos for being willing to donate your extra!
    Anonymous