what potty seat worked for you?

did you use a stand alone potty? 3 in 1? potty ring? which one worked best for your LO and what kind was it? I am pretty limited on choices and only have Target, Toys r us and Walmart to choose from, and they all pretty much have the same potty's. Those inserts w/ sesame st, cars or Dora characters (soft tings w/ handles and guard), safety 1st 3 in 1's, then the stand alone potty's like the frog, and royal potty chairs. I have a safety 1st 3 in 1 which looks like a truck and makes noise, but the latches for the stool part cracked.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We bought the kind that you sit over the adult toilet. It has winnie the pooh characters on it. I will not clean up a training toilet so the drop in kind was all I cared to get. It works totally fine and its easily portable. I guess if they're old enough to go alone, you may also want to get a stool so they can reach the seat!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• We're currently working on potty training. I bought the Safety 1st model that has a cushioned seat. It's also suppose to work on a regular toilet, but, as I discovered, it wont' fit smaller, round toilet seats.. However, I also discovered that my son absolutely won't sit on the big toilet unless hit feet can touch so we end up using a toilet seat plus the potty chair as a step stool.. Whatever you do, make sure it's easy to clear. The more bells and whistles, the harder it will be to clearn.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• We just trained on an adult toilet, never had any training aides.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 8:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2010