Probiotics for infants?

I have a very gassy baby and someone mentioned I should try probiotics before eliminating foods... Have you heard about these? Have you used them? What do you think about them?

annaica

Asked by annaica at 2:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used them with my youngest child - but not for gas. I had to give it to him or he wouldn't poop. I split 1 capsule between 3 bottles, with our doctor's blessing. Without more info, I can't help any more - but I have done my research on probiotics and could tell you a lot more if you posted more info!
    Anonymous

• I heard about them. But I don't know if it is recommended for infants. This is a good question.
    Anonymous

• I know that you can us a probiotic powder on nipple before nursing and on babies' tongues for thrush...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I am currently using a probiotic for my 2 year old son, to help him stool also and miralax and a high fiber diet.. It says on the box safe for kids and infants.. culturelle is the brand.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I am trying them on my 6 month old twins. They both are constipated and I am tired of giving them an RX every day. So far it has not done anything, but has only been about 4 days. We are using culturelle also, 1 capsule opened into cereal. Good luck
    4boysmom254

Answer by 4boysmom254 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010