baby breakin out on face and chest...

does anyone know what this could be?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Of course the best thing to do is take the baby to the doctor. Some things to consider: Did you change your laundry detergent or fabric softener? Did you change the product you use to cleanse baby with? Is baby too warm (over-dressed)? Are you using lotions, etc., just for babies?
    When my son was a baby, along time ago, he broke out a couple of times and I found out that (1) I changed fabric softener and when I went back to the original, baby was well. (2) I had received a sample of a particular lotion and used it on my baby and found out that it was for me, not baby, it was too strong for his skin, when I went back to original, baby was well. (2) I was overly concerned about money and tried to use a less expensive baby powder and lotion and doctor informed me to go back to original (Johnson's) and all was well. Hope this helps!!!!?!!!!!!!
    warmcoffee

Answer by warmcoffee at 2:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• yea i'm thinkin maybe it could've been bc i didn't wash a burp cloth before i used it?? idk but i have heard about baby acne and was wonderin if anyone said it could be that...
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• What do the breakouts look like? My baby had red spots that would disappear after a day or so and reappear in other places. I think it's just because babies skin is so sensitive at first. My baby stopped getting them after a few weeks and switched detergents.
    lala9

Answer by lala9 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2010