What did you do to make the time go a little faster while in labor and delivery?

I read, watched tv, play cards, sang, tried not to scream, lol.

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 2:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Took a rest between my 3 min contractions. Within two hours of my labor I went to 3 mins apart through out my two pregnancy's. So not much time for anything else.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• The first hour, I was getting ready. The next two hours I was riding in the car. The next hour was visiting the doctor and getting admitted into my room. Then, it was just three hours before I gave birth. So, no real time to think about it. I had no pain meds, so, I was just concentrating on not getting meds and delivering naturally. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I labored; didn't have much time for anything else. My contractions were pretty close together; I did have a cd of relaxing music though & I had my mom, husband & best friend there. But seriously, I don't remember doing anything except laboring!
    P.s. I had a natural birth so my answer might be quite different than someone who had an epidural.
    -Kiwi-

Answer by -Kiwi- at 2:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• after my epi i went to sleep and before that was too into the contractions to worry about time
    Anonymous

• We brought DVD's of my favorite BBC comedy and we chatted with the doula. I didn't really pay much attention to the DVD, though. My labor went relatively fast.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I lasted about 85% of my labor at home. I went to my grandpas wake because I didn't want to miss it (everyone knew I was in labor!) and I tried sleeping (didn't work), took a shower and then went to the hospital. By the time I got there, I had contractions a minute apart, an epidural I didn't want and that didn't work so..I really had no time.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2010