I have two charges from two different companies that amount to $100 on my phone bill for webhosting... I don't even know what webhosting is and I go through another company for my internet... can someone please give me some advice??

I am really unset right now so I am trying to keep my cool until I get home and have to call these companies that charged me this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Call your phone company and dispute it...they put false charges on peoples bills ALLLL the time...human error, or a way to make some extra money...some people dont catch it...but call them and have it removed...you may have to spend some serious time with them on it....but you should be successful!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Thank you so much. I know I did not sign up for either of them because I don't ever go on any sites except myspace, facebook, yahoo and cafemom on my home computer. I hope AT&T are available when I get off of work cause I will dispute these two companies! I hope I'm successful.
    Anonymous

• Webhosting are companies that provides space on their servers for the their clients to make their own website.

If you don't know where your bill is coming from you should dispute the bill right away
    Anonymous

• Did you sign up for one of these "WAHM" jobs like cashcrate and give your number? Did you download anything like wallpapers? Did you sign up for apps via third party? Did you complete offers on Facebook to get points for games like mafia wars? We had something similar happen because my husband downloaded a wallpaper and were billed an extra $40 a month for junk things. AT&T was pretty good about refunding our money. We did not have to pay a phone bill for six months.
    Anonymous

• Didn't sign up for any wahm jobs... I like mine lol. I haven't ever signed up for anything like that. I would never pay money for those silly apps... I don't play them. I will check more into it though. Thanks for letting me know that those may be a possibility. AT&T has charged me for long distance before and I never use my house phone because I have a cell phone. I am going to call when I get off of work.
    Anonymous