need edvice hd spending money like he does not have any responsiblies in the world we have talked about this.does not help

ok got our tax ck back payed all bills up to date. $200. left so i kept $100 gave the other $100 to hd. he works nights so he had a night off on sunday night. came home sunday morn and slept all day until 7pm at night. got up took a shower and went to the local bar with two of his friends he took his $100. with him. i told him he did not need that much. he said it is my money. must have been pretty drunk stayed at his friends house and got home 8am this morn spent all his money nothing left and now he is sleeping again. does not have to go back to work until wed night. still have all my money and he wants use to go out to eat on that. we live pay ck to pay ck. never have moeny left i want to hold onto my money. told him you hve to stop of how you spend the money and does not care if he has to pay a bill or not. i take care of the bills. payck gets automatic deposit into his bank account try to get it out before he does

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• Tell him you put it in the bank, but you really have it with you if he just wants to throw it away let him he is not going to change once they have that type of mentallity you just do what you gotta do and don't tell him shit. Everytime he gets paid take 100.00 out for whatever or save it. GL I know what you mean some people can not have money for too long in their hands they act as if the money is so hot they have to get rid of it.....lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I had this problem w/ ex .. so every time I went to the grocery store, I would get $20 cash back and put the money away. Good thing I did because sure enough, he left, maxed out the credit cards and emptied the bank accounts. I had a few thousand saved by the time he did this!
    Anonymous

• First, I would not let him have the money if it was me. I would tell him he should of thought about eating when he blew his cash at the bar on his friends. He didn't even spend it on you. Second, I agree w/ the other advice. This is the way he is and it's not going to change. I would start hiding money. Put it in a savings acct and don't tell him. I'm thinking you will eventually get tired of living like this and want out. My ex never changed even when he was homeless it didn't get better.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 4:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I would just the minute you know the money is available take it out and put it n a seperate acct in your name only don't add his and keep the money for what you need and too hell w him and his spending bs.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2010