If you delivered in the hospital how were your nurses?

Both times my nurses were terrific. We even had our picture taken with the doctor and the nurse with the first one. Even the nurses post partum were pretty good.

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 2:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nurses before were wonderful, after the fact one of them never remembered my medicine, but the other girls were GREAT! They were all proud of me for walking so much and so far after my c-section it was really cute! With the exception of one I would be happy with the same staff again!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• We my first one was so sweet. But they did not have many births going on. So she had to go. The next nurse I got was just rude. Then she when I was ready to push I went through three different nurse. I don''t remmeber them much. The two nights I was there I had nice nurses. The first day the nurse was ok. Then second day she was very nice. I acutally got to get some sleep in. Instead of them checking my temp andBP constantly. The day I left I was not happy with the nurse she was hacking away. I was ready to get out and get home.Never again will I have a baby in the hospital.
    Anonymous

• With my first pregnancy I was very ill and my nurses were so great! When I was moved to the icu the nurses that had been with me while I was on bedrest made sure to come see me often. When I finally moved to postpartum two of my nurses went with me and were my nurses until I was released. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks total. With my second my nurses were ok but not spectacular. They actually looked at me like I was crazy when I asked them to bring me my son (they left him across the room in his bassinet). I was 2 hours post surgery and on morphine. I was not yet allowed to get up and my husband was sleeping and refused to wake up. They hadn't even left my son in arms reach so how the heck did they expect me to do anything for him without some help. That definately irritated me but after that they weren't too bad.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 2:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• My labor and delivery doctor and nurses both times were WONDERFUL. Can't say enough about them. The nurses afterward in the maternity ward though, not so much.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Some were great, one was just AWFUL! I had been in labor for 32 hours when they finally gave me an Epidural. Then when she was putting the catheter in, it hurt really bad, and I told her, and she yelled at me! I was just so upset! And then it was still hurting and i asked my husband if any urine was actualy coming out into the bag, and he said no. She had put it in wrong. Finally she came and ffixed it, but it was just a horrible, horrible experience. I am pretty sure she retired, but if she didn't, and I see her when I have this child, I'm going to request another nurse. I would go to another hospital but they are 1/2 hour and an hour away from here and I don't want to take that chance!
    Anonymous

• with dd awful and mean. with ds angels
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I have heard some godawful stories about L&D nurses, but in my experience they were all very warm and helpful and supportive at the hospitals I delivered at.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• With my first, she was so great, even stayed past her shift since I was pushing. WIth my second... she was so bad I will never deliver in a hospital again. I hope I see her so I can tell her that. Nurses can make or break a woman's birth experience. I'm sure 99% are great, but one can ruin it.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I loved my nurses except for one who was only there for a few hours the morning after I had my son, but she was awful and made me cry more than I care to remember.

I hope to get all my nurses but her back next time. Oh and as bad as it sounds I hope Tracy (the NICU) nurse that I had known since I was 4 is there, but not watching over my kiddo again this time. :)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Awesome!!! Our hospital is pretty small (rural area) so there's not nurses for each specific area - same nurses all over though some do prefer OB :). It was also really nice that my midwife told me with every baby that I could request NOT to have certain nurses (there was 1 that I did not like at all for anything!). I really had good nurses with all of my babies (2 every time in the deliver room) and did not have any bad experiences, even postpartum - some of the same nurses of course, some different, all great!
    Anonymous