Is anyone else going nuts with there teens attitude?

I go to therapy-no shame. It is really helping. I learned I am so worried about everyone being happy what about me. I never realized it....

Last night, she refused to go to bed, refused to give me her ds. Omg, so I flicked the switch, no fighting, no arguing and finally she calmed down and said sorry. she is a teen acting like a lunitic, I never thought she would be this way-but it happens.

I figure, I am the mom and I will win, I will be happy as well as my kids... What about you? I now know being consistant, don't say it unless I mean it. OMG, I hope I can do this for my sanity and hers. :)

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I never understood why some animals out in the wild ate their young ... then I had teenagers. I also understand why boarding schools are in business.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• LOL...very funny babyfat5...lol

I have a 6 yr. old dd and she can get very annoying I am NOT looking forward for the teenage years on her....sigh!!!

I used to think ok in a calm voice talk to her (I would imagine this) but then I hear stories like this and it scares the crap out of me...What are we to do...sorry I wish I could have helped. Only us mommmies know our own kids so do what is best so what if they get mad they'll find something else to get mad about just as long as you get yours...GL
    Anonymous

• I totally hear you. I have 3 teenagers right now, 17, 16, and 14, and they all drive me crazy in their own unique ways. For instance, I try very hard to remember that if my oldest growls at me at 6:30 AM when she's coming to breakfast, it obviously has nothing to do with me since I haven't even talked to her yet! Just one of the effects of "hormone poisoning." I just hope some of them are still living at home when I go through menopause so they can get some of it back at them!! Good luck and hang in there.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• man i wish my mom realized that with my baby sister, i cannot believe the way she treats her sometimes
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It is very hard, I have 2- one is 13 one is 16, both girls!! I have done it all, yell, cry, scream, just not hit. I can't do that. But after awhile I learned that even when I am right, which is usually!, They need a chance to vent. I have told them that if they are honest and fair with me, I will be with them. They need some space and to feel as if they have a say in their own lives. It is our job to make them want the same things we do. It is the same as when they were little, pick your fights. The big ones, curfew, drinking and drugs and boys. These are some where my rules are the only rules. Some of the other stuff they have to figure out on their own. And it is hard, God is it hard. But they have to learn. Good luck to us all!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Seriously, if I hear "Whatever" or "Fine" one more time...
    Hippo-ray

Answer by Hippo-ray at 10:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• OMG yes! My son is almost 17 and he is in this friggen phase again like a 2 year old where he only wants to talk to me when I am on the phone or in the middle of something and he needs to talk to me NOW! The other day I was talking to my dad on the phone and DS was bugging me then doing noisy things- I tried to give him away! LOL unfortunately my dad has been through 9 teenagers and said no way!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I agree with all of you! My 16yr old son thinks he is the head rooster in our house hold! But my husband has to set him straigt about that when that that happens! And i also know now how my parents felt when we where teenagers! Man is it tough! My husband and i are already counting the days til our son is an adult and can take care of the house when we retire!
    babyboomer1977

Answer by babyboomer1977 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I have a 13 month old and she's getting so sassy and mean already .. and pushing buttons.. she's so smart and seems to catch on to things a lot quicker than others .. i can't imagine her as a 13 year old.. i might just have to try eating her if it get worse from here lol
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I have 4 teens on my hands. My16 dd, is pretty much done with all the bitchy stuff, but my 13 and 12 yr old dds are on a roll. God sometimes I want to strangle them! My 13 yr old son is just starting. Its amazing how they think they can just exist in your house, eat all your food, get rides everywhere, get a phone, computer, and cable, but the second you tell them to clean their room.....they act like your a dictator!
    Someone once said, "Living with teenagers, is like, living with aliens!" They were so right!
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 5:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2010