Do your LOs usually spike a lowgrade fever with allergies?

I am trying to figure out if my son has season allergies or is getting a cold. we are both suffering, but cedar and grass are high while this whole thing is going on. He is super duper snotty, getting a barky cough, refuses to eat solids, and now the lowgrade fever of 100 rectally. Any suggestions? he sleeps with a cool mist humidifier every night so ive done that and given him motrin to help with his fever. i assume he has a sore throat since he refuses solids, i know i have one! occasionally he just starts screamin and im kinda feeling helpless!

FoxyRoxyMommy

Asked by FoxyRoxyMommy at 2:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's possible but it wont hurt to take him to the doc to make sure that is whats going on im feeling it too sore throat headache cough ugh it sucks
    Anonymous

• NO, I have 4 kids with allergies (as well as myself) and they do NOT run a fever with allergies - so yes, your LO is getting sick. It is very possible though that both things are going on - the fever would be from the sick though, not the allergies. And 100 is not high at all. But if your LO won't eat, definitely call the doctor - you don't want that baby getting dehydrated or the problems will be worse!
    Anonymous