Would you be upset... just a little?

My friend and I work at the same place... she also works with my ex. I no longer work in their department but I have to see them for morning safety meetings. Today we played a safety game and she was on my team, so was my ex. I sat at a big table and the person who was sitting next to me moved. She was sitting in the back corner in a chair so I asked her to come sit by me (she was sitting by my ex). She shook her head no and at the end of the meeting she apologized and said she didn't want to sit at the table. I know this is stupid of me but I guess I am just upset because she chose to sit by him and not me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I probably would be a little upset, but I wouldn't make too big a deal about it.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't really worry about it, doesn't sound like a big deal at all.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Well, she was already sitting...its not like she walked into the room and there was a chair open by you and one open by him and she deliberately chose him over you...its kind of childish and highschool to expect her to get up and sit by you after she was already established in a chair...and fwiw, it was a work meeting, not the school dance. I'd get over it in a hurry.
    Anonymous

• Sounds a little childish if you ask me.
    Anonymous

• Thanks ladies. I do tend to overreact at times and this is one of those "my feeling are a little hurt" times. I'm over it now though.

OP
    Anonymous

• sucks to have to work with your ex.. arg and that your friend does too.. my loyal friends wouldn't talk to my ex.. but if you are ok with her talking to him ...
    Anonymous

• She acted childish but maybe there is something going on between them.
    Anonymous

• You sound a little jealous to me.

Answer by louise2 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I don't think she should have chosen to sit by your ex. None of my firends would talk to an ex of mine and vice versa but of course everyone is different. I don't think you're jealous or overreacting. I can see where that would be at least a little upsetting.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Well he is your ex for a reason.

And she chose to sit by him...so what? Not to be mean or rude, but why is this bothering you?
    Is there some written hard and fast rule that says she can't sit next to him just because he is
    your ex? That doesn't make any sense. I'm sorry, I just don't get why this is bothering you.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 9:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010