i have been on the nuvaring for a year and recently my period on january i spotted for a two days and the february i had one spot of light blood. is there a chance im pregnant? i have been using a condom...

since i been on the nuvaring my cycle has been normal tell the last two cyles. i havent been using protection and i took a test about three weeks ago it was negative then my period for this month was late. and the only thing i saw was one tiny spot of blood. am i pregnant???

dsky2007

Asked by dsky2007 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Condoms are not a very reliable contraception, my middle daughter was conceived with a defective one!

Answer by older at 3:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• When used properly condoms are 98% effective. I'd trust a condom before completely relying on birth control.

I'm on Nuva Ring as well and can say I've had some lighter periods here and there. In January coincidentally. I don't think your pregnant but remember, every time you have sex you run the risk of getting pregnant whether your using protection or not.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2010