Study about the husbands of SAHMs?

In a previous question that is now closed, the OP made this statement:

" Studies show that husbands of stay at home wives are so much happier with their wives. "

I'd sure like to see the studies. Link please? I'm always willing to learn.

Posting it in the same section where the original question was asked.

Asked by gdiamante at 3:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think people in unhappy relationships will have unhappy points of view regarding any of the possible situations (sahm, wahm, working mom etc.) Just because we're happy with me staying at home until the kids go to school doesn't mean that's right for everyone. I think wives and husbands feel different positives and negatives no matter what choice they make, so studies like these aren't really looking at the whole picture.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 5:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• LOL, that's funny. I'd like to see that link too. I bet that *men who want their wives to be SAH* ARE happier, but what about all the men who don't want their wife to SAH? Or what about all the men who love and respect their wives enough to support whatever decision they make??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's why we ALWAYS see stay at home moms complaining about their husbands and how they never have sex or do anything for their wives..That's happiness right there.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• lol really am sahm and me and dh fight all the time
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Yeah right, keep them barefoot and pregnant! I do not beleive that for a minute.

Answer by older at 3:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• THe fact is MOST husbands, including mine, are more than happy to have their wives at home IF that's what she wants. My DH wants for me what I want for myself and will support me no matter what.

You really have no idea what your talking about! "

EXACTLY! You must have a great husband, just as I have. We're lucky. :)

steph?? care to share?????
    Anonymous

• I'm a SAHM. Even though my Husband and I are VERY happy (We have sex every night, We have the perfect Kiddo, Hubbie and I do nice things for each other often, and I'm not a "lazy" SAHM) - I think that so-called "study" is a load of crap. I personally think a husband is happiest when they are content with their wife, kid/s, and financial situation - aka: their life. It doesn't matter if the wife stays at home or works.

Just my opinion.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 3:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i stay home, and its what i want and what my hub wants. he does respect me, and i have found that when i was working, we fought much more. now the house is always clean, the laundry is *mostly* always done, there is nice food at the table, and we save tons of money by staying in and eating what i cook, instead of going out to eat.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• SaraP, that was super rude.
    Anonymous

• Sara P is always super rude in all the SAHM posts..

Anonymous