people with the iud?

do you like it? and do you have a period with the 5 year one?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was on the Mirena and no I didn't like it. Yes I still had my period but then again everyone is different.
    Anonymous

• I'm on the Mirena. Have been only for not even 5 months. Have been wanting to remove it for many reasons. I still get my period, they are lighter, and I don't get cramps or get bloated, but I have my period a lot longer. They say that all this can change over time. So I'm just kindof waiting it out for now.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• ive had the mirena for two years now , sometimes its uncofortable and i quiestion myself am i pregnant or not i rarelly get piriods on it and i get a bit moody but i'm not pregnant so i'm sticking with it for another 3 yrs
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 3:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I have the IUD! I like it but at the same time I hate it! I have had it for 3 1/2 years and at first I got my period in a lighter form... now its a lot different! Nothing regular at all! Sometimes I wont get a period for a few months, sometimes I will get a one that lasts an hour, sometimes it lasts for days... The cramps are pretty much gone though (which was a big deal for me =). ) I have gotten pregnant on the pill (I was very faithful) and on the depo shot, so Im worried about getting pregnant on the IUD, since there are small chances of that happening! The months that I dont get a period are hell for me cause Im worried that Im pregnant all the way up until I have my period, Ive taken preggo tests but sometimes they can be wrong so I worry like crazy! Another thing that I have and that I have heard other women on the IUD complain about is... You live a life in panty liners! LOL Let me explain below...

Continued...
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Continued from above....

More often than not... you get this... well this may be TMI but its kinda fells like the little gush you get after getting up after sex and running to the bathroom to clean up... LOL But you get that throughout the day! At first I thought something was wrong with me... then I asked other women that had the same IUD and they said that happened to them too! BUT, that didnt happen to me right off... It happened 3 yrs into having the IUD in... Other than that though, I dont really mind it! I think the two biggest bothers are the crazy periods or the times when I dont have a period AND the having to wear panty liners alot!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I've had the Mirena for over a year now and I love it. I do get a period but it's super light and only lasts for like 3 days. I did get an infection once about 6 months ago but a quick course of antibiotics cleared it up. I love it cuz it never bothers me and I never even have to think about it!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I have tried the Mirena and the Implanon Implant and I disliked both, especially the Implanon I hated that one.
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• sxc- are you sayin that you discharge alot?
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• yes Ehearts! And it SUCKS!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2010