Bassinet to crib

How can I tellwhen my son needs to switch to a crib? He can't support himself sitting just yet (balance issues), however he is getting tall.

so1986

Asked by so1986 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• about 3 months my daughter transitioned from the bassinet to the crib. she began moving around in her sleep and i didnt want her to suffocate or anything in a small bassinet, crib allows a little more moving space and if your child is getting too long it is time
    Anonymous

• If he is getting to long for it. It is time to get him in the crib.
    Anonymous

• It's totally up to you. Some people put their babies in the crib right away. I personally waited a long time with both of my children, because I was a paranoid Mommy. LOL! I started off by putthing them in their cribs during the day for their naps and moved them to their cribs at night. Just make sure you don't have anything hazardous in the crib like the bumper, stuffed animals etc.

Hope this helps a bit.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• idk whats more hazardous the bumper or the crib bars which baby can get feet arms hands legs caught in i rather leave the bumper and check on baby a couple times a night
    Anonymous

• My daughter never slept in a bassinet. We started her in the crib from the beginning, so really it's whenever you want to switch him over. They also have bumpers now that are mesh so the baby won't suffocate but they still prevent their arms and legs from getting caught in the bars. They have them at Babies R Us.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2010