taxes

My husband and I are trying to do our taxes, i've heard something about a tax relief for stay at home moms. i'm curious if its true and how to add it on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• uh no, I don't think so, you do however get a ride off for your daycare expenses. If there were one, we would have gotten it.....our tax preparer is the BEST!
    Anonymous

• I am a SAHM and there is no such thing.
    Anonymous

• Stay AT Home Moms do NOT need to get any more of tax refund than they already are, They are already getting a load of tax refunds for child credit and earned income and all of that stuff that is hurting the economy. And also they get too much handed out to them as it is. The Government should quit handing out to Stay At Home Moms. and make them get jobs and earn a living like everybody else. I know a couple just who the father works, and the mother don't, they have 3 kids, and got back $9000. tax refund. That's way more tax than he paid in, way more. There is something wrong with that.
    Anonymous

• I would like to respond to the person who thinks that Stay at Home Moms are gettting handed too much. Did the family with 3 kids have mortgage interest that they get to right off? Medical deductions? Anything else or was it just the kids? They would get more back if she worked as well, credit for child care.

I think that one of the biggest problems with the country today is that Stay At Home Moms are not valued. What is it that I could do with my life that would have a bigger impact on the world than raising healthy, strong, smart children? Should I hand that task over to someone else?
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• No, there is no such thing. And as for SAHM's getting handed too much, no they are not. Maybe you're thinking of someone else. Not me or any other SAHM I know get handed anything and if you're talking about PA or something, just staying home with children does not mean they are receiving PA. Child tax credits are not just for families with a SAHM, there are certain criteria that must be met. As for that couple you know, I doubt you know what they paid in, what credits they claim, what they get to write off. My DH paid in a hell of a lot more than we got back so your knowledge of tax law is lacking. Whether or not a mother chooses to stay home is no one's business.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

ERG.....ERG.....ERG....!!!!!......I am TOTALLY MAD!! ERG! ........My anger is totally making me look like a jealous biotch.....ERG!...

BWAHAHAHA......GET OVER IT ANON 4:14~ STAY AT HOME MOMS BUST THIER ASSES OFF RAISING THIER OWN KIDS! NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR STRANGERS TO RAISE THIER BABIES.
    Anonymous

• NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR STRANGERS TO RAISE THIER BABIES

maybe you should go back to school then. Alot of us have enough education to get a job better than a gas station attendant :-)
    Anonymous

This has nothing to do with being a sahm. The EIC is for low income families. There are many 2 parent households that qualify.
    Anonymous

• maybe you should go back to school then. Alot of us have enough education to get a job better than a gas station attendant :-)

LOL, YEAH YOUR OBVIOUSLY A COMEDIAN. THEN AGAIN YOU COULD HAVE A Ph D IN BIOTCHOLOGY. I BET YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THAT DIDN'T SEE YOUR CHILD TAKE THIER FIRST STEPS OR SAY THIER FIRST WORD, HUH? $ MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND, RIGHT?
    Anonymous

• Answered at 3:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 by: Anonymous

You sure know your stuff. NOT

Lets see everyone gets the child credit. If you have a child you get it. Not just SAHM's. As for the low income credit not everyone SAHM qualifies for it.My SIL does not because them make way over that. They also never get back much at all. The most was $700.

Both my hubby and I work and get it because with both our incomes we do not make that much. So we get the low income families. And let me tell you it is not that much at all.
    Anonymous