My three yr old has this... thing... in her throat...

I was looking at her throat with a flashlight to check for Strep... and she stuck her tongue out as far is it could go and said aaaah and she has this...THING attached to what I'm guessing is her tongue? I called my mom and made her come over and look and she says welll... you know how some ppl are born with webbed feet? I really think this is just a flap of skin per say....
WTH?! It's hard! and is like cartilage! and it's in her throat!!

I made an appt with her Dr but it's not for 2 hours and I'm going nuts. She's not gagging and she can breathe fine but she's been coughing for at least a week and she snores and she has chronic Croup. So now I'm connecting these things in my head.

What is IT?? It's so strange!!! I can't stop stressing!!

Malibustacy

Asked by Malibustacy at 4:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Can a kid cough so hard you can see their epiglottis???? I'm looking at anatomy pictures and that seems like the only cartilage thing there....? Uhg. I hate not knowing.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Well I think your mom is right. I am glad you got to get into the Drs fast! I know I would be freakin some also. I hope it is nothing!! Good luck!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• The Uvula try googling it and try to relax it appears to be common we all have it somehow...
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• lol! It's not her uvula. I know THAT much anatomy.Thanks though. =)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I have no idea what it could be. Please let us know what you find out at the doc!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2010