Did you have a baby shower your 2nd, 3rd pregnancy etc..

If you have what is your ethnicity? I have found out that people who have multiple baby showers are usually something other white. I am Mexican American and I know that everyone in my family who has multiple kids always have a baby shower lol that is why I ask.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would like another with this one because it is a boy, and because I believe each new addition deserves a celebration of their coming to be a part of this world, it isn't fair if only one of your kids gets a party in their honor.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I am white and had a baby shower with both kids. My friends wanted to do it and I let them. It wasn't my idea. I was always taught that you only have one but I also felt it would be rude to turn down something nice my friends wanted to do for me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I'm white lol And, I was given a baby shower my first child, a girl, by a friend. The second pregnancy was twin boys, and was given one by another friend. I'm on pregnancy #3 and I don't think i'll have another one, since i've had one for both a girl and boy.....there's nothing I really need.
    I don't think it's a bad thing to have a baby shower for every baby, but you and your family shouldn't be having one a baby shower for you, past your first. I think if anyone wants to throw you one, then it's different :)
    Anonymous

• Well... I'm white & yes I am having a second baby shower but only because this time it's a little girl. My first was a boy.

When it comes to the "2nd" baby shower I only think one should have one if
    1. its a different gender
    2 if the same gender, how many years its been between the children.
    3 if you've given everything away to someone who needed it.

I can't stand women like one of my cousins baby mamma. Her first daughter is only 18months & she's pregnant again with another girl, and she's asking for a baby shower. She has everything she doesn't need new stuff.
    My son is gonna be 18months when my baby is born, yes I'm having a baby shower but its a girl...and while I have the main basic big things. I want this to be a celebration not just buy me new stuff kind of thing!

Hoped I helped! :)
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Had one for both the first two, notsure about the 3rd, oh and i'm white
    Anonymous

• I'm white and I had a shower for my 3rd infant because it was a girl and my 1st and 2nd infants were twin boys. My 4th infant - I didn't have a shower per say, but my church circle did a money "tree" for me, my Sunday School gave me about 6 mos. worth of diapers and wipes, and my youth group (I was leader) gave me a gift card with lots of money to ToysRUS which had the best selection of infant stuff in our town.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I am white and I have 4 children but I only had a baby shower for the 1st one. Our family only does the 1st child after that your own your own lol
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 4:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I only had one for my first. I did not need one for my second. We had another girl and did not need anything more.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I'm white and only had one. I kept everything I could from my first, which was almost everything, and used most of it even though my second baby is a girl. I really only did not use "boy" clothes. I told everyone I didn't want another shower. We wanted to provide as much as possible for our daughter ourselves. If others get a shower for subsequent children, that is their business as far as I'm concerned. The only time I think it's tacky is when they just want new stuff and are totally greedy about it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I didnt get one for my first, I had just moved to a new state and didnt know anyone, and the two people I did know where both pregnant. So maybe I will get one on try #2
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2010