Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF MY 2 YR OLD ATE 1 OF MY PRENATAL VITAMINS?

IM NOT SURE IF SHE ATE IT BUT I LEFT IT ON MY BEDROOM DRESSER LAST NIGHT BUT I FORGOT TO TAKE IT AND WHEN I CAME BACK FROM WORK JUST NOW I REMEMBERED ABOUT IT BUT ITS NOT THERE ANYMORE...WHAT IF SHE MIGHT HAVE EATEN IT?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (8)
  • They have a lot of iron in them so I would be worried..

    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

  • they would overdose on several vitamins....be prepared for severe diarrhea if they eat one
    aliishott2

    Answer by aliishott2 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

  • Make sure to shove water down her in absurd amounts to dilute the vitamins and get them through her, if she acts funny take her to the ER.
    truealaskanmom

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

  • Call poison control - they'll have the best answer for you, and most docs tell you to call them anyway with questions like that.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

  • Nothing. Poison control will laugh and tell you unless she ate the whole bottle, you're not in trouble.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

  • Poison control will NOT laugh at you. They will answer your question. I called them once for something pretty silly and they were very professional and polite. Call them and ask just to be sure. Better to be safe than sorry.
    K.D.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

  • DO call poison control or your ped. If she ate it she could overdose on any of the different elements that prenatal vitamins have an increased dosage of. Those things are made for adults, not kids, and a 2 year old could have adverse effects. They will NOT laugh at you for being a concerned parent.
    kristal2146

    Answer by kristal2146 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

  • call poison control. Honestly, she'll probably pee out what her body can't absorb. If she did take it, look for bright colored pee. It can range from neon green, yellow, or orange depending on the dyes used
    alinker

    Answer by alinker at 9:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN