31 weeks pregnant, why all the sudden doese my pubic bone feel bruised and hurts really bad?

Last night after watching tv I got up to get in bed and I was in so much pain down there almost as if someone has beat me with a hammer, yeah its that painful and then this morning all day so far the same thing. It really hurts to walk around and I am walking like theres something in between my legs cause it hurts so bad, whats going on? This is my 2nd pregnancy and I did'nt have this with my first child, only my tail bone hurt towards the end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every pgcy is different! It is normal for the pelvic area to feel sore towards the third trimester.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 4:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• bc it's just getting ready for the baby to come that's all
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Thats normal...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Yup had the same thing with my 2nd child, it hurt until he was born and after wards i was so bruised. It was his head banging into my pelvic bone he had dropped down early and just stayed there, the best thing i found was to get on my knees with a pillow under me and to put my head down and my butt up, it help relieve the pressure a bit.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• baby is dropping...it will probably get worse but theres not much that you can do about it, though i have heard that prenatal yoga helps some...just google some moves and give it a try, it cant hurt
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 5:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It is called SPD a really big medical definition, when you have this condition you should go see the chiropractor because most people that have this also have a baby that is in a goofy position which will make labor harder, going to the chiropractor helps align everything relieves some but not all of the pain and it also gets the baby in a good position.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Your pubic bone is seperated and held together with cartilidge. When you are pregnant, your cartilidge softens (quicker and more so with each pregnancy). So every time that you move your legs, the muscles are quite literally pulling your pubic bone apart. That's why it hurts so bad.
    Anonymous

• >>>>because most people that have this also have a baby that is in a goofy position which will make labor harder

This is true, The only time i had this pain my son was turned in a weird position and labor was not only hard we almost died, sadly I didnt know there were options at the time and my doctor was an idiot. I found a new doctor after that. I didnt know there was a actual name for it, even though I am not having anymore babies I am glad to know there is a name for it TY :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• That pain is normal and will go away after you deliver. I didn't have that pain with my first pregnancy, but I had it with my second and man did it hurt. It was pretty intense. I know there were times it almost dropped me to the floor. Usually it's the first few steps that are the worst. I really think it's just as a pp said. Your ligaments are more flexible and your hip bones have to widen to allow for the baby to pass through the birth canal.

In my case I don't think it had anything to do with the baby dropping because I developed that pain too early for it to be from dropping.

I also don't think it was because he was in a funny position. My labour with him was smooth, he was positioned correctly and he was delivered with no problems.

My SIL also had this pain with her first pregnancy and now again in her second.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:19 AM on Feb. 23, 2010