Can a relationship last if there is no fun whatso ever in it?

NO I ma not talingabout sex, I am talking baout having vacations, family fun activities to do together. My Hubby has already told us there was no vaca this year because money is tight. hwo in the hell can he know how money is going to be in a few months. I also want yo to knwo we have not had a vaca together in 5 years of being together.

dae43123

Asked by dae43123 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• We try to do things in the area that are fun. We have a canoe, so we take it out a few times during the summer. Sometimes we find cheap camping and go for a night. We go on hikes as a family.
    A vacation is nice, but it isn't always possible. That is when it is time to get creative and instill a fun sense of family. Because not having those tight family bonds can really put a damper on the family and the marriage. I know because I've been there, but we made it through.
    If you want to talk about it, you can message me.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• So you don"t get your hair and nails done? Does he hang out with his friends?Do you get to go to movies and beaches or lake or havea party
    Anonymous

• If two people would consider breaking up over vacations then it isn't much of a relationship to begin with.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Yes. You have got to have a good attitude and find fun in the small things. Are you more upset about the vacation or about the way he handled it?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I agree with admckenzie! And if not getting a vacation is the only problem you have you should count yourself blessed! And you really don't have to go anywhere to have fun! There are lots of things you can do (or here) locally that cost little to nothing!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I am upset for how he is handling this whle family money issue. I am not upset over vacations Ijust wnat us to have fun all we do is wokr adn sit around the house. I try to get us to play games or play with our 3 year old in activities together but he wants no part of it. he says yes he will be just watches TV or plays games onthe computer by himself. this is howit has beenfor at least 4 years now and it is driving me crazy. I wish he woudl just try and spend some time with us doing the small fun stuff. I work the weekends and he works durning the week. I feel my fmaily does not have a great bond (Hubby and I) anymore and worried that if I can't get him to more invovled with us then this relationship might not work. I love him he is a great guy, great father. Ijust can't get him to relax and have fun with us. when he does watch tv it is news and that is it.
    dae43123

Answer by dae43123 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Um...why is a vacation so important? I mean, if you can't afford it, then you can't afford it. Vacations can be extremely expensive, and it sounds like he's waiting until you guys have enough saved up so that when you finally do take a vacation, you don't have to worry about the expense. Which sounds like he is being a responsible husband. If you were really looking forward to going on a vacay this year, I know you're probably really disappointed. But it's not like he doesn't wanna take you.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 9:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I was hoping that the moms reading this would read more into what I was asking and nto thinkI was upset over not getting a Vaca. For one, vaca do not cost that much if you know how to do them, I can't have my nails done becuase of the field of work I am in so to who ever said thanks for being rude. thirdly, we never have any fun and what I mean is. fmily fun bonding time which is very important.
    If there is no time for the family to bond then what happens to the family. In my book Vacations are very important to get your family closer and be able to have time to bond. I love my family but if we can never have hubby inon our fun the bond between the family is going to break up and thenthe family is a mess. I just wnat us to be able to play with our daughter together for liek anhour or so, watch a family movie with her, run around the house liek idiots. we dont' do this,becuase Hubby is so into worrying about other things.
    dae43123

Answer by dae43123 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• So plpeae tell me how to make fun in a relationship when the other half is so into other things.
    dae43123

Answer by dae43123 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2010