Why are working Mothers looked down upon more than working Fathers?

I always hear working mothers being criticized for not spending enough time with their children, but never working fathers. Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Exactly!! I know that the old times would have cast out a woman who worked but now is totally different! I had a question on today about stay at home moms! The responses were horrible! They bashed me for not wanting to raise my children due to me working! I just think that a woman is now a mans equal! You help him out because it's not all his responsibility! But I do get that I am supposed to always be there for my kiddos and not necessarily my husband! I think it's bull! He helped me bring them into the world and since I am his equal then he should be mine and have to get his hands dirty too!! Cuddos to you for asking an awesome question!! Lots of fun!!
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• bc traditionally the father is the one working, so it's a normal for a dad to work, and the mother to sah. i'm not saying if it's reversed they're freaks or anything lol, just that's not the way it normally is. people tend to get bent out of shape if things are not the traditional way
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Cause people don't know how to mind their own damn business. Do whatcha gotta do. That's what I say.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Oh and to the previous two posters above...Welcome to he 21sth Century. I know it's a hard transition coming from the 50's and all, but get used to it. In this day and age, women are working.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Okay not the TWO poster just the on anonymous.
    Imogine

• Because women are bitches. Case in point, anon:39.
    Anonymous

• Because of mousey little doormat women like Anon :39
    Anonymous

• Answered at 4:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 by: Anonymous

Anonymous

For starters, a real man is supposed to provide for a family, and a real woman is supposed to be a mother and help make a home for her husband.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Because some IGNORANT people think it's a woman's role to stay home with the children and ONLY the man's role to WORK. ::makes me GAG::: In my house DH and I are EQUAL when it comes to raising our child, and taking care of our home.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I wish I worked. I'd like to have my own damn money and not feel guilty for spending my husband's money whenever I want to get a pedicure. Having your own money feels great! And not in the greedy sense either, just in the...I deserve this...sense.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2010