was having kids and being married everything you thought it would be?

the reason why i ask is because i was watching nanny 911 the other night and it was kinda sad because the mom and dad wanted a second child because the 1st child was so good...well the second child was nothing what they expected and totally unlike the 1st. (just very wild and misbehaved) the mother said she regrets having the daughter because she cant give any attention to the 1st because the 2nd requires all the attention. I know its wrong to say you "regret" having kids but my question isnt do you "regret"...its was having kids and being married what you thought it would be and imagined?

for me its been great except for those 4 months of colic i had to deal with...i wasnt expecting that or prepared for that. I also wasnt prepared for being a single mom for a short period of time but it all worked out.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, I wasn't prepared for the 6 months of colic, the sleep issues, the fact he cried all day still til almost 1-1/2 years old, he is very active and strong willed.. no, It is NOT what I expected but I am in LOVE with him and LOVE being his mommy, but very much not what I expected. Although he is not "easy" like the other parents I know, I do have a challenge ahead of me and am in the process of accepting this and learning all about it.. I always tell people that I had my last child first... He's very demanding and most people I meet with a "difficult" child say" Oh, if I had him first, he would have been my last" Well, I was lucky enough to have him first so I don't have to divide my time and I can focus all on him and what is best to help Us ALL grow.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• No regrets. And yep it's everything I ever imagined. But. I had no false ideas in regards to what marriage and parenthood were going to be.

Some people have unrealistic expectations of marriage and parenthood. And often part of their unhappiness or regrets are actually due to these unrealistic expectations or false hopes that they had going into marriage/parenthood.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I think being married and now having my daughter is better than I thought it would be. My daughter is only 6 months old so we have a ways to go, but so far she has been really easy and laid back. I was expecting a high maintenance baby. Who knows, she'll probably be a holy terror when the terrible twos get here. LOL.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• having kids was every thing I thought it would be. I did a lot of babysitting when I was a teen and volunteer work with kids too.
    Marriage on the other had was nothing what I expected. Much worse. Since I've taken steps to deal with things, life is generally better.
    Anonymous

• It was much more than i could ever imagined a marriage could be. 30 years this April and still honeymooning
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Yes, being married and having kids is everything I hoped it would be and more. Not that my life is perfect, not by any means, but it is perfect for us. DH is military, so that makes it a bit different that I expected but I've loved the travel, the steady paycheck, all the benefits. I've loved marriage (been married for 14 years) through all its ups and downs. We have an awesome relationship. And having kids, well it's a lot of work but it's been a lot of fun. Mine are 12, 11, and 5. So I still have a way to go =)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I was married for over 5 years before I had kids. I am so glad that I waited because I got to really know my husband before we had kids. Having kids is better than what I ever expected. There are days that I get frustrated or mad, but I wouldn't have changed a thing about it.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 6:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I took on motherhood like a champ. It was harder for me to adapt to marriage. We are still together after nine years and we work at it. I care and love him enought to make things right.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Being a mother is a lot greater than I thought it would be. Then being married is a lot harder than I expected
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Unlike many of the others, being married and being a mother for me is not anything like I expected! I realized I would have to sacrifice but I didn't think that I would be the only one in the family that had to sacrafice! I will admit though, it has made me wiser and stronger!
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010