Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do !?!

My husband lost his job -- but got a new one....but they dont have insurance...and so now we wont have any --- We make too much for the medical card....but we cant find any others that we can afford... ( we need something under $300 and that excepts pre-exsisting conditions) ...are insurance runs out on Friday, so really need help fast !!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (3)
  • you'll have to call around. Do a google search. What preexsisting condition? If it is pregnancy you can get " pregnancy" insurence. They have the kind you can buy and also social service offices offer it to pregnant women.

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

  • What about COBRA insurance? There's the older COBRA Law plus late last Spring a new COBRA Law came out with different rules.

    Google Cobra insurance in different ways to find those two different kinds. Maybe they'll be a help.

    Also, sometimes family practice doctors are more sympathetic toward the uninsured and underinsured.

    If your hospital has a family practice group of doctors attached to it, they should be able to help guide you. Most hospitals have clinics care that see people without insurance and even with insurance at a lower cost.

    Do you live in NJ or Maryland, Virginia?

    Answer by lfl at 6:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

  • we have called every insurance that has showed up in yahoo and google searches --

    we tried coba and its going to cost $1200 a month !!!

    we live in ohio

    and the pre existing problems are that my husband and daughter have Marfans Syndrome.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.