Bet you didn't know about a Government program that killed....

http://www.slate.com/id/2245188/?GT1=38001#add-comment

Article from Slate on MSNBC. Not a weird link or anything.

It is about how the Government poisoned alcohol possibly killing 10,000 people during prohibition.

Not saying every conspiracy is correct, but it's an eye opener for those of you who think the Government would never kill it's own citizens....or that it actually has your best interest in mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The governement kills it's citizens everyday by going to war.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Well, heck !

And I just learned last week that this was a Progressive reform policy. I had been unaware of that.

But you know, this is not surprising. It is consistent that the kind of thinking which so disrespects the individual as to force him to obey Progressive ideas about how he ought to live, would also disrespect the individual to the extent that killing those who are obstacles to the Progressive grand plan would be rationalized.

This underlying attitude - already playing out in socialized systems in other countries, already playing out in the Environmental Protection Agency here - is what alarms Conservatives who are opposing gov't health care, Cap & Trade, etc.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• If that ticks you off, then you should read about the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment

http://www.tuskegee.edu/Global/Story.asp?s=1207586
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 6:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Nah, I've known that our government is capable of harming and even killing citizens. Like someone else mentioned, Tuskegee is a perfect example. Is every conspiracy theory out there true? No, of course not, but our government is far from perfect and pristine.

Anonymous

• Yeah and not a lot of people believe that the Government would allow euthanasia for the elderly, and disabled children. 1906 a bill that would legalize euthanasia not only for terminal adults, but also for 'hideously deformed or idiotic children' was introduced in Ohio.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Tuskegee immediately came to my mind....
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It's funny to me because if you bring up 9/11 as an inside job so many women on here would say "oh you conspiracy nut," but then right here are perfect examples that some of these theories may be right....all of them of course not...but there is a lot of stuff the Governement does that is not in OUR best favor for sure.

Hence the reason I am not for Government run health care.
    Anonymous

• I didn't know that Crissy, but I have no problem believing it...

2
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Nothing would surprise me, there is so much crap in our food, MSG and high fructose corn syrup, sulfites and nitrites, it's a miracle, any of our children are surviving...
    The gov't once advocated smoking, they still do basically, smoking can kill us but as long as they are making $$$, well, it's all good! The chemicals in plastics are very bad for our children, if you microwave them or clean them in your dishwasher, the heat releases the chemicals and from then on every time you use it, the crap leeches into whatever you cook or store in it. The chemicals that get sprayed on our lawns, the pesticides used everywhere, much of this goes into our water table and even prescription drugs are now showing up in our water! Our kids get the brunt of it ALL and then there's vaccines, I am not anti-vax but I am seriously, anti-schedule. Our kids are being experimented on and the outcome is not going to be good...

2
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• agentwanda -- You're expecting the government to protect you from every environmental hazard out there. They can't, nor should they be empowered to do that. That's a far cry from actively poisoning good you know will reach the hands of American citizens.
    If you think this is interesting, check out the LSD trials on Seventh Day Adventists in the 60's,
    This is very different from the Tuskeegee experiment as well. Researchers did not give syphillis to participants in the study, they withheld treatment, and failed to inform the men of their status. Another big difference was that this wasn't covert. All their findings were published is the medical journals of the day. Medical ethics were just very different then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2010