For the peole who hate medicaid

Do you think all cancer patients and other terminally ill people who can no longer work or are laid of should be killed to save the strain on the system? Even if it were one of your own relatives laid off and then diagnosed, or only if it's some stranger you don't have to look in the eye before they kill em?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• umm no, LOL I hate medicaid but it is for different reasons. I hate because I was on it in high school and it was horrible. I think it is a good thing to have. People need health care and that is a good resource.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• no... but i hate medicaid because my son is on it.. and it took 4 months JUST to get an emt to check his hearing because they keep fucking up
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 6:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Or what about children and adults that have medicaid because of disabilities? Should they be killed as well, along with the terminally ill patients? I have a friend whose daughter has medicaid because of her epilepsy. They have insurance for her, but medicaid helps pay for all the deductibles and co-pays , and if something happens to the parents, she will at least always have that medicaid in place. What should happen to those people? Medicaid does serve a valuable purpose, even if some people would rather not pay to help those less fortunate than themselves.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with Medicaid if it is used right. You might be surprised how little it does though for an elderly person. Most elderly people have medicare. We applied for my mom because they said she would be able to get more home help but in the end she didn't. All she got was a reduction in here medicines which added up to about $8 a month. The only time medicaid helped her was when she had to stay in the nursing home she was rehabbing in for longer than medicares 100 allowed days. It didn't get her enough help at home so she had to stay for therapy in the nursing home. She ended up getting worse and shortly after we put her on hospice which meant we had to fill out the medicare crap all over again because medicaid doesn't cover it. A real pain in the ass.
    Sometimes medicaid is needed while getting on your feet and as long as you are using it right it can be a great help. I just hate medicaid misuse
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• No. whoever thinks that is sick themselves.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I agree with babycakes254 ... You'd have to be a sick person to think up something like that. If this is the way you feel I hope you never become anyone DPOA
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• How old are you op? This is a very imature question.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

No, the constant whining around here as if the dying people collecting medicaid are personally deducting their healthcare fees from people's bank accounts is what's immature.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I LOVE medicaid..why? because my 19 year old daughter who has been fighting brain tumors from the age of 12 would not be here today if were unable to get it for her.Her first surgery and hospital stay would have cost $500,000 .She just finished Chemo and radiation last month which only worked partially and has been DX'd with her 3rd tumor. Tomorrow we have to take he for a lumbar puncture. Granted it tend to be crappy for adults, some states have no dental and you can only get corrective lenses every two years no mater how much your eyes change.
    And yes we ARE working parents but cancer is an expensive disease
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 11:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I agree with with you OP. You know, for years I watched my mother go back and forth to the doctor and slowly get worse and worse till she finally died. Years! The whole time being denied Medicaid. She had Ulcertive Colitis (sp, sorry its late). The meds she took for that eventually caused Liver Failure. She was eventually put on a donor list, but never saw any help. Finally her liver failed, and she ended up dying from a combination of that and massive blood poisioning. TRUE- Mediciad never caused my mother to die, Medicaid never made her sick. HOWEVER, my mother was sick for 13 years and could barely get around let alone work. She was supported off of survivors benefits that she collected off the passing of my father. My mother was 42 when she died, and denied Mediciad for 13 years. I still have no problem with Medicaid. I just wish the ones that needed it could get it, and the ones that mooched it wouldn't. But thats life.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2010