For those of you who don't have a dishwasher...

Have you ever been in a panic because you have company coming, you're running so late you don't have time to clean the house, so you end up throwing the dirty dishes in the oven just to hide them? Lol...just wondering if I'm the only one...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• haha I had a special rubbermaid container just for that purpose ;)
    and at the time, a few times I even took that container of dishes down to the mom&pop restaurant I worked at and washed them in the dishwasher there! LOL
    Anonymous

• Oh yes I did that before the days of a dishwasher oh I worship my dishwasher.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Oh yeah! Been there and done that. I try to get all my dishes done before I go to bed because I don't want to be embarassed or seen as a bad housekeeper, lol.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 6:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Wouldn't have done it, ever.

If my company is upset by dirty dishes, they're free to wash them. If they make a comment about it, I'll say the same thing I said to my dad, years ago:

If you have anything to say about the state of my home, you can phrase it in the following manner: "I am going to do Fill-in-the-Blank now."

My friends and family respect me as a sometimes-very-busy person who would rather socialize than make sure the house is in the proper condition to greet the Queen. Which means everyone who has ever visited me has seen that we do, yes indeed, actually use dishes. And we do not, actually, have servants to make sure they're all clean within an hour of use. Sadly.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I have put dirty dishes in the oven before. The dishwasher was full of clean dishes! lol
    Anonymous

• LOL Anon :47~! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 7:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I lived without a dishwasher for the first 8 years of my adult life, and I never did that. I kept the dishes done, but if there were a few in the sink, the world didn't come crashing down. A few dishes isn't the end of the world. I mean, it's not like you cooked a Thanksgiving dinner and left it, right? Any more than a few would be gross, though.

My biological mother used to have dirty dishes overflowing in her sink and put a dish towel over them when people came over, like they were invisible if they were under a dish towel, LOL. Her whole house was gross though, so you had to get past the nasty animal smell, the dirt and dust and grime and junk all over the place and walk your way through the piles of crap into the kitchen to see the sink overflowing with dirty dishes hiding under a towel. I never understood that one. That's probably why I'm almost obsessive about cleaning my own house after living with her.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2010