What's with all the Kobayashi Maru questions of late?

What is the point of debating a "no win" scenario?

I'm talking about the abortion questions, the Hitler question, the what if you knew your kid would be a horrible murderer question and the latest, what if the scientist will die w/o the vegetative man's organs question.

What is the point of this type of debate other than to argue for argument's sake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes it is fun to argue. I guess some people dont like it, but others do.
    Anonymous

• Interesting star track reference:~) i don't know people like to argue, or start a conversation.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Ya I have no idea either. It's stupid.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Sorry, but I just have to....It's not "star track", it's Star Trek (yes, I'm a Trekkie nerd...lol).

And to answer the OP, I don't know either, but ppl sure have a lot to say on those topics, don't they? If only they cared about the real world as much.

Anonymous

• Anonymous
    Anonymous

Sorry, but I just have to....It's not "star track", it's Star Trek (yes, I'm a Trekkie nerd...lol).

And to answer the OP, I don't know either, but ppl sure have a lot to say on those topics, don't they? If only they cared about the real world as much.

~~~

Was going to correct that too, for the same reason; but you beat me to it. But, eh, the real world is grossly over-rated, in my opinion.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Anonymous ;52

LOL  thank you for correcting me, I watch the show because my husband is likes it, he would be so disappointed in me.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• What is the point of this type of debate other than to argue for argument's sake?

To see if people's views actually make sense or if they are just emotional reaction.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You answered your own question:

"to argue for argument's sake"

...something to do during naptime...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I'm not sure why the questions are popping up, but thank you for the Star Trek reference. It made me smile.
    winterrose82

Answer by winterrose82 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2010